Our next meeting will be on Tuesday 15th October at 7.30 pm in the Lichfield Room at Wade Street Church. Do come along if you can, or drop me an email email@example.com
- The 'Nativity Play' will be performed on Friday 20 December and Saturday 21 December between 10pm and Midnight
- There will 4 performances each night - outside George IV pub, The Scales, on the corner of Bird Street and Market Street and, finally, outside the Gatehouse.
- We will promenade from venue to venue - led by a band
- The play has been re-scripted and covers the Nativity in about 7-8 minutes. The medieval language has been retained (the accessible bits) along with some amusing parts and lines. Not forgetting the dromedaries!
- We will perform 2 shortened carols/songs at the beginning and end of each performance. Plus 1 verse of a carol in the middle of the play
- We need speaking actors for - Mary, Joseph, Gabriel, 2 or 3 Shepherds, 2 or 3 kings and a Citizen. The main parts are obviously Mary and Joseph!
- In addition, we need a choir, non-speaking shepherd(s) and king(s),
I would like to cast the plays by the end 16th October so we can get rehearsals going asap. The performance needs to have spice, character and spectacle to entice an audience on a late December evening. I really look forward to catching up with as many of you as possible on the 16th October. Please pass this message round to as many people as you can, as they say, 'the more the merrier'
Best wishes, Rick